Hiring Event Staff
Tarrywile Park & Mansion is looking for a dependable, detail oriented person, and works well with the public, to join our event staff. English speaking preferred. This position is part-time per-Diem. Must be over 18 and be able to work weekday evenings/weekends.
Reports to: Event Coordinator who is on call during every event.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary key holder to open and close the Mansion for scheduled event.
- Must be available in the Mansion office during entirety of event rental period.
- Must be knowledgeable of our Mansion Rental Packet and working of the mansion and grounds to address caterer/vendor/client questions.
- Unlock all doors, turn on lights, check heat/air conditioning before clients arrive.
- Ensure bathrooms are stocked with hand soap, paper napkins and toilet paper before guests arrive.
- Ensure clients, caterer’s and vendors adhere to the rules and regulations set forth in our Mansion Rental Packet.
- Verify clients/caterer is following pre-approved floor plan.
- Ensure no nails, tacks or tape is being used for decorating.
- Coordinate with parking staff to ensure ample parking is available for guests.
- Be knowledgeable of where fuse box is and how to reset if a fuse is blown/electricity goes out.
- Know which vendors to call in case of electrical or plumbing problems occur or in case of emergency.
- Check in with caterer upon arrival, periodically during the event.
- Perform a walk through inspection with them at the conclusion of the event to ensure all garbage is removed from rooms/veranda, floors swept, kitchen wiped down/floor washed, no damage to property, etc.
- Lock and alarm mansion at the end of the night ensuring all windows, doors are locked, all lights turned off.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the employment application below and return to Tarrywile Mansion, 70 Southern Blvd, Danbury, CT 06810 Attn: Becky Petro, Executive Director or email it to Executive Director, Becky Petro at email@example.com
The Tarrywile Park Authority is an equal opportunity employer.