About the Park
Tarrywile Park, a 722-acre municipal park, is open to all the residents of the Greater Danbury area community.
The Park, once an active dairy farm and fruit orchard, is now home to 21 miles of hiking trails, 2 ponds, a lake, and several picnic areas.
Campsites are available for those looking to enjoy a rustic and unique experience at Connecticut’s second largest municipally-owned park. A variety of sites are located within the park to accommodate your needs; download our Hiking Trails Guide for the locations of the campsites. Please contact the Mansion Office at 203-744-3130 for an appointment Monday – Friday 9 am – 3:30 pm to obtain a permit.
Hours & Use
The park is open to the public year round, seven days a week from sunrise to sunset (weather permitting) at no charge.
A REQUEST TO ALL BRIDES, GROOMS, LIMOUSINE DRIVERS/COMPANIES AND PHOTOGRAPHERS: If you are considering Tarrywile Park and Mansion as the location for your wedding photos or quick ceremony at the gazebo, please call the office first to ensure that we do not have a wedding already scheduled for that date. Booked rentals at Tarrywile take precedence and you will be to leave if there is an event going on that has paid to utilize the area.
Bird Nesting Areas from May 1st thru July 15th: Please help us preserve their fragile ecosystem by staying on the roadways and marked trails. The fields will not be mowed during this period.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Rules & Regulations
- • Danbury City Ordinance, Section 12.3, mandates and requires that dogs must be on leash at all times
- • Connecticut State Statue Sec. 22-364, mandates that dogs be under the control of their owner or keeper.
- • Permits Required for Camping and Camp Fires.
- • Connecticut Fishing License is required for fishing. They may be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office at Danbury City Hall or online.
The following activities are strictly prohibited per park rules:
- Motorized vehicles
- Alcohol or drugs
- Loud Music
- Boisterous Behavior
The following activities are strictly prohibited in accordance of the FAA and Danbury Airport:
- Drone Flying
- Kite Flying
- Radio Controlled Planes, Helicopters, etc.