Daddy/Daughter Date Night a Success!
Newlywed Quick 10: Mandy & Scott
Among those creatures that call Tarrywile home include several species listed on the CT DEEP “Endangered, Threatened & Special Concern” list; the Eastern Box Turtle, the Bobolink, Savannah Sparrow and the Eastern Meadowlark, just to name a few.
Leash Your Dog
- It’s easier to pick up after them
- They are less likely to chase after something
- They can’t get lost
- Lessens the possibility of a fight
- Less of a chance they will eat something poisonous or get into garbage
- They won’t be a pest to other people
- Lessens the chance of someone getting bit
- Prevents wildlife attacks
- Reduces the possibility of property damage
It also means that they are less likely to get into danger. We do have larger wildlife such as bear and coyote at the Park and dogs are more likely to avoid conflicts if leashed, more importantly it is the LAW that all dogs must be leashed when on Tarrywile Park property.
Until next time, remember; leave no trace, respect wildlife, leash your dog, leave what you find, respect fellow park users and lastly, always be prepared, and most especially enjoy all that nature has to offer.