Red Barn History
The Red Barn area of the park was formerly a fully operating dairy farm established by C.D. Parks. The dairy farm which was separated from the estate grounds by a steep cliff and a wooded area, included a farm house, milk house, garage, fertilizer barn, and a milking parlor with a silo. Two large barns that once enhanced the farm complex have been lost: one burned in the mid 1960’s and the other was taken down in 1985 because of it’s deteriorated condition.
At it’s peak, circa 1929, the farm was the largest, most productive farm in Danbury. C.D. Parks built the farmhouse in close proximity to the dairy farm to provide housing to the Portuguese men he employed to run and work on the farm as well as his industrial businesses